Published on Friday August 20, 2010 by Admin
Bilingual Online Marketing
Hispanics represent approximately 16% of the US population and census figures show that Hispanics accounted for a whopping 50% of the total US population growth from 2000-2008 (census.gov)
U.S. Hispanic Internet audience growth outpaces total U.S. online population by 50 percent (comscore.com) and in 2009 the US Hispanic community made over $21 billion in purchases.
Which is not to say that marketing to the Hispanic makes sense for all businesses. The real question is how sure are you that you can’t increase sales by addressing the needs and interests of the bilingual population?
Some facts on the US Hispanic Market in 2010
- U.S. Hispanics spent $12.8 billion in 2008 and approximately $21 billion in 2009, an increase of $8.8 billion dollars. (mediapost.com)
- 11% of all e-commerce purchases were made by US Hispanics. (mediapost.com)
- Approximately 64% of US Hispanics aged 18 and older go online. (pewhispanic.org)
- Approximately 19% of Hispanic Internet users speak Spanish as their primary language. (emarketer.com from comscore.com)
- The so-called “US Hispanic Market” is currently measured by ad spending in Spanish-language media, to the tune of $4 Billion+ in 2009. (quote from: contentmarketinginstitute.com)
In our experience, very few businesses consider the US Hispanic Market, and this creates opportunities for those who do.
Here is an example to illustrate the point:
An Attorney in California asked us to review the SEO work performed by another SEO company. The Attorney had paid the other SEO company almost $20,000 for two small, template sites. Both sites had low traffic, insignificant traffic growth, and generated no leads. We consolidated the sites, created a version of the site in Spanish and improved the SEO of the entire site. Now, 40% of the traffic comes from Spanish speakers and around 75% of new leads and clients found the Attorneys site by using Spanish keywords in search engines.
Result: We identified a competitive advantage for the client. The Attorney has subsequently dropped all other paid lead generation programs because she has a growing source of new and profitable business from her new, bilingual, SEO optimized website.
Why Net Midas?
- You have the advantage of being partnered with a company who has years of experience and success in both the English and Spanish online marketing.
- Our team comprises bilingual individuals (native English and native Spanish speakers) and all trained in SEO.
- We have the track record and client list to show our experience and success with bilingual sites.
Our SEO Services for Bilingual Sites
First, we start with a customized client questionnaire and follow-up conversations.
- We then conduct a website audit (link to SEO audit page), including:
- What degree is the client site optimized in English?
- Are there technical issues that hinder SEO or Spanish pages?
- How does the client’s website compare to the websites of direct competitors?
Do competitors have fully bilingual and SEO optimized sites?
- Next, we research demand and competition, such as:
- Has the client selected the most profitable target keywords in English?
- What are the most profitable target keywords in Spanish?
- What is the monthly estimated demand for selected keywords in English and Spanish?
- Who and where is the target market (i.e. local, global, demographics)?
- What are the top ranking sites for the selected keywords in both English and Spanish?
- What causes the websites of direct competitors to rank highly?
Only at this point will we be able to estimate for you the time and resources required to reach your objectives and prepare an SEO proposal.
If you are ready for a professional SEO service that has a strong track record reaching the Hispanic market, then please complete the contact form below.
Published on Sunday August 29, 2010 by Admin
You can leave a message using the contact form below.
Our case studies show you a sample of the types of projects we have worked on and our success with those projects.
What our Clients say
"…has guided the dailygalaxy.com ... from zero monthly visits to almost 800,000 monthly visits and over 1 million monthly pageviews.
"…have ensured that we are constantly ahead of the pack in terms of online visibility and also how our web presence converts to sales."
Sean T. Shallis
"…has not only made money for me they have saved money for me."
Attorney Eliana Phelps
"…has gone well beyond the call of duty … a rare breed of innovative and analytical and really understands the web and how to use it."
Seth Socolow, App Studio