Published on Thursday August 5, 2010 by Admin
Web Design for SEO
What is Web Design for SEO?
Website design, like search engine optimization (SEO), is one of several components of the online marketing process.
A well designed website that incorporates SEO, usability, testing, relevant and well composed content, good navigation, and appropriate links contributes to meeting online marketing objectives. However, it must be planned and executed in conjunction with these other components.
Why is it Important?
Great design is impressive and engaging but is usually insufficient for commercial websites. The internet is a low trust medium used mostly by people with little patience and low tolerance for the unexpected. This is particularly true of commercial and transactional websites. The design of commercial web sites and pages needs to make a visual impact, be persuasive, confidence-building and allow the visitor to quickly and effectively complete the objectives of their visit fast.
Our Web Design Process
With over 15 years experience in web marketing we are adept at webdesign for SEO based not just on best design practices but on innovation, research, testing and measurement.
We use the following stages in our web design for the SEO process:
- Design Research: Consult with client on aesthetics, functionality and content. Research site design models among competitor sites and similar niches.
- Initial SEO Research: Keyword research to identify target set of keywords, synonyms, variants and stemming keywords that are appropriate for target audience and goals of site. (Conocer más sobre SEO)
- Use Cases: Create a set of hypothetical but typical site ‘personas’ to help identify how visitors will use the site and how the site should cater to their needs. This helps prioritize work and set goals for user navigation.
- Navigation and Architecture: Study the persona-based use cases to identify the different paths users will take through the site. This will form the basis of the site architecture and navigation structure to ensure we facilitate user objectives.
- Wireframes: Create a rough site prototype based on use cases and navigate together with client to identify any based on use cases.
- Project Plan: Identify the best set of design elements (ie. branding, text, icons, media) based on the needs of the client, the needs of the site visitors, and within the context of the overall web strategy.
- Content Generation: Together with the client we define and create content: text copy, photos, video, infographics as well as a list of recommendations for future content production.
A lot of our projects involves the redesign of websites that have not met client expectations. Usually this is because there was too much emphasis put on the design and not on how design should be combined with the other marketing elements with a view to achieving specific outcomes. With over 15 years experience, we have a very clear idea of what works in web design. Whether you are creating a new site or considering a redesign, contact us for a free consultation.
Published on Sunday August 29, 2010 by Admin
You can leave a message using the contact form below.
Our case studies show you a sample of the types of projects we have worked on and our success with those projects.
What our Clients say
"…has guided the dailygalaxy.com ... from zero monthly visits to almost 800,000 monthly visits and over 1 million monthly pageviews.
"…have ensured that we are constantly ahead of the pack in terms of online visibility and also how our web presence converts to sales."
Sean T. Shallis
"…has not only made money for me they have saved money for me."
Attorney Eliana Phelps
"…has gone well beyond the call of duty … a rare breed of innovative and analytical and really understands the web and how to use it."
Seth Socolow, App Studio